Monday, March 23, 2009

A Biology Lesson

Why are we we such saps when it comes to love? Because, someone said, we're biology. I think that's an apt summation. As embarrassing as it is to read some of the entries from 2006 and 2007 on my old Livejournal page, I realize I had absolutely no control over my feelings. That's kind of scary, but it's an unavoidable part of being a human being. At various times in life, you're going to become obsessed with another person. You'll do things that you would otherwise mock. You'll lose any semblance of cool. You'll cry your eyes out. You'll wonder what kind of fucking joke God -- if you believe in a god -- is playing on you. You'll look in the mirror and see a face transformed into a tear. You'll think of the guy all day, all night. You'll pray. You'll scream. You'll pout. You'll beg. You'll turn into a fuckin pussy. Is it worth it? Hell, yes.

0 comments: